Friday, April 6, 2012

It's time to dance!

Last weekend was one of my little sisters' birthday party. Typically there would be no reason to document an event like this, partly because children's parties aren't necessarily the most exciting thing for people that aren't children, and mostly because being Mexican, you go to these parties twice every weekend, and thus I am thankful for not living close to my extended family. That would just be exhausting.

This party is particularly special because my sisters are obsessed with certain cartoon characters. Some pretty fucking awesome cartoon characters.



Therefore, we had to have a Yo Gabba Gabba themed party... with actual Yo Gabba Gabba entertainers!

Out of the 35-45 people that came, I only know like 10. I just never do well with parties.

Anyways, here are some photos from that:





Some pre-party decorating


Decor details
Le people that I don't know


Except Marie (Aunt Status) n_n She let me do her eye makeup
My grandmother and I. Not sorry for the censoring-- my teeth are stupid

My mom ordered a taquero (like mexican catering lol) so no one would have to cook/serve

Some of it was bland, but still yummy!

Then there was cake.
The top tier was chocolate and the bottom was carrot (a personal favorite)

The birthday girl pigging out. Then she wiped my shirt with her frosting-covered hand. ;-;

Then there was partying.

All the kids were pretty much freaking the fuck out.






Then there was dancing.
They did a few dance performances.




After the entertainers left, we decided to play games with the kids.



It was actually a lot more fun than I made it out to be in this post. The kids were so happy to see the characters literally hang out with them. They were so sweet, they thanked us for the great party, and some even said that this was the best party that they had been to.
So anyways, I should probably be a kids party planner now.

I leave you with this cell phone pic of Marie and I. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment